6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

It looks like my lofty plans for hatching this year will have to be amended.

My flock has been hit by mycoplasma. One of the started pullets I got from a lady down the road came up with the tell-tale, swollen, crust-eye as soon as the weather took a shocking turn for the colder. The vet couldn't even open it for a swab. I am beside myself with quite a mix of emotions.

I may have to destroy my entire flock and start over in a few months after copious amount of bleach in the coop and run.

-sigh-

I will enjoy watching all your hatches, though. :) Best of luck to you all!

MrsB

Any tests results yet? Such a bummer, I sure hope your flock is ok.

I know this time of year is for lining up our NYD hatching eggs, but it's also time to breed goats for spring kids! Just got back from a trip to the breeder, took my Dreamer on a 'date'
. ;)

Dreamer in the background, Dante her 'date' in the foreground. Let's hope she took!

Any tests results yet? Such a bummer, I sure hope your flock is ok.

I know this time of year is for lining up our NYD hatching eggs, but it's also time to breed goats for spring kids! Just got back from a trip to the breeder, took my Dreamer on a 'date'
wink.png

Dreamer in the background, Dante her 'date' in the foreground. Let's hope she took!

Dreamer is Beautiful and that Dante is a real looker. I wish you many beautiful babies.

I am jealous though lol. My 2 ND does are now 1yr 8months old, I had planned to breed them for the first time this Fall but have yet to get around to it. Sometimes life gets too busy, Im bummed it may have to wait a whole other year.

My girls Luna and Gem

Around Thanksgiving, I will talk to my dad to see if we can hatch a couple or tell my cousin and see ifshe wants to do a newyears hatch

I hope you find some too!

Are they rare of is it just not the time of year for breeding them?

I don't think they are rare, I'm just new and don't have connections yet. A have found breeders with some of the mottled colors or mille fleur, but I really like the blue and lemon blue. I'm sure there are people out there, just need to find them...

I mite do my first hatch-a-long or in my grandpa's memory I mite set-up a Purn Goldy Memorial hatch-a-long, and hatch then, but next time I hatch I will do a hatch-a-long

[COLOR=0000FF]Any tests results yet? Such a bummer, I sure hope your flock is ok. I know this time of year is for lining up our NYD hatching eggs, but it's also time to breed goats for spring kids! Just got back from a trip to the breeder, took my Dreamer on a 'date'[/COLOR]. ;) [COLOR=0000FF]Dreamer in the background, Dante her 'date' in the foreground. Let's hope she took![/COLOR]
Dreamer is Beautiful and that Dante is a real looker. I wish you many beautiful babies. I am jealous though lol. My 2 ND does are now 1yr 8months old, I had planned to breed them for the first time this Fall but have yet to get around to it. Sometimes life gets too busy, Im bummed it may have to wait a whole other year. My girls Luna and Gem
:love. Wow! These girls are gorgeous!! Nigerians can breed year round...don't give up yet.

I hope you find some too!

Are they rare of is it just not the time of year for breeding them?

I don't think they are rare, I'm just new and don't have connections yet. A have found breeders with some of the mottled colors or mille fleur, but I really like the blue and lemon blue. I'm sure there are people out there, just need to find them...

I think time of year definitely......@FuzzyHens if you are on the west coast and find some let me know. All I have found so far are bantam cochin/frizzle or bantam cochin/silkie cross...looking for smooth
fl.gif
...not picky about color at all! Looking...looking....

I think time of year definitely......@FuzzyHens if you are on the west coast and find some let me know. All I have found so far are bantam cochin/frizzle or bantam cochin/silkie cross...looking for smooth
fl.gif
...not picky about color at all! Looking...looking....

I'm in Massachusetts. Glad to know it's not just my googling ability. I'll let you know if I see something on the West Coast!

Back
Top Bottom