6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

this is dixie
big_smile.png

THANKS!! I couldn't believe my eyes at the chicks! LOL. They had a party when I left!
It is good to leave the house and let them do their thing sometimes.

YIKEs, was I not supposed to post on pictures on here of the hatch? or is the link just for cutest chick?
Please everyone post cute chick pictures on the thread for them. There is only one contestant there now.

Last edited:
Okay. I'm good now. Haha I was ready to perform life saving venting maneuvers :lau (I had a lone Brahma chick drown after hatching last year- my first time hatching chicks- because I was WAY too high. Didn't realize that was the issue until hindsight..)

So. I have one remaining pip that still looks great. I have the wrong-end pip that isn't looking so hot (membrane off color and no movement/progress) and six eggs that haven't pipped yet. When that one good pip hatches/dries, assuming no new pips, I think I'll take out those chicks and do quick maintenance, an hopefully get a feel for what's up with the wrong-way-er. :/

Okay. I'm good now. Haha I was ready to perform life saving venting maneuvers
lau.gif
(I had a lone Brahma chick drown after hatching last year- my first time hatching chicks- because I was WAY too high. Didn't realize that was the issue until hindsight..)

So. I have one remaining pip that still looks great. I have the wrong-end pip that isn't looking so hot (membrane off color and no movement/progress) and six eggs that haven't pipped yet. When that one good pip hatches/dries, assuming no new pips, I think I'll take out those chicks and do quick maintenance, an hopefully get a feel for what's up with the wrong-way-er.
hmm.png
I hope all turns out great!

The chick is out now and just candled the other 7. No internal pips. They all look full can't see much more than that. I hope that atleast 1 more hatches so it can have a friend. I set them at 11:30pm on the 11th so this one was just about on time.

Back
Top Bottom