6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I thought about giving her more eggs but I don't know how tough it would be on her sitting through another entire incubation period. I feel bad for her. The isn't a great broody(at least not yet) She hasn't had very good luck. She is still young, she just turned 1 year old on NYD.

You can give her chicks--that breaks them very quickly.

Well, well, well.

The BLRW egg hatched last night and I took it out of the incubator this morning and put the chick into the brooder. Solo was peeping the head off about being lonely and now is screeching even louder "WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS THIS THING?!?"
The new little chick, btw, is nonplussed and happily pecking at chick starter.

BUT there's one puzzle with the new chick.......

Why does my BLRW have feathered feet?

My eggs are due to hatch in one minute. I had one hatch yesterday morning but when I checked a couple hours ago, none of the other 11 have. I'm going back to check now.
I hope this one gets friends.

My eggs are due to hatch in one minute. I had one hatch yesterday morning but when I checked a couple hours ago, none of the other 11 have. I'm going back to check now.
Sometimes they can take awhile. About half of mine were a day late, and I'm still waiting on one. I hope your loner gets buddies soon!

I haven't got a pic , yet. But I wanted to note that the egg that sank like a stone for the float test (it was a large olive egg and had a very small air cell at lockdown) also hatched! Go go carton method!

I hope you get another one too!

I haven't got a pic , yet. But I wanted to note that the egg that sank like a stone for the float test (it was a large olive egg and had a very small air cell at lockdown) also hatched! Go go carton method!
woot.gif
That is great!

My hatch was spread out over three days, one early, most on time, one late...

My hatch has been going on since Thursday--and will likely go on for another day.

Little boogers kept me awake last night with chirping. They are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom