6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I am excited about this! I have a question-
I have a Buff Orpington Roo but not a BO hen. What would be my best "mix"- I have an EE, and some Red sex links... or should I buy eggs?
Thanks!
It depends on your goals. Are there specific breeds you would like to own? You may be able to find hatching eggs for them. If you like the variety of backyard mixes you can get hatching eggs for those too. All that potential is what makes it fun!

You can buy hatching eggs AND include some from your own girls. Your EE might make some green egg layers mixed with your BO...your RSL girls covered by your roo will make some nice barnyard mixes that lay brown eggs...If you would like a more colorful egg basket try to get eggs from some white egg layers or some blue ones and include them too.

My first hatch I bought a grab bag of project eggs. It increased the fun not knowing what I was getting!

Last edited:
Following.

Welcome Aboard!! This is an awesome way to spend the holidays, it helps distract me from the stress. And there are lots of seasoned veterans here to help you with any and all questions too!
big_smile.png
This is so true!

woohoo. I have been hatching fluffy butts, but I am excited to join in on the fun. I will be setting Naked Neck Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas. I wish my geese and ducks were laying but I have the last of my duck eggs in the incubator now. I cannot wait to see all the results. :)

Keep us posted!

Sounds fun! Sign us up, please. There are not many hens laying now except the Silkies and little Hamburgs, so we have plenty of room right now in our GQF Sportsman and five more of the "sleeping giants" here waiting for springtime. So if anyone nearby wants to join in, we can take about 2000 eggs. We're in Central California. Smiles, Debbie
smile.png

www.debsbirds.com

Sounds fun! Sign us up, please. There are not many hens laying now except the Silkies and little Hamburgs, so we have plenty of room right now in our GQF Sportsman and five more of the "sleeping giants" here waiting for springtime. So if anyone nearby wants to join in, we can take about 2000 eggs. We're in Central California. Smiles, Debbie
smile.png

www.debsbirds.com

I have added you to the members list!

smile.png

www.debsbirds.com

Welcome, welcome!

2,000 babies! Wow! Y'all have me beat! :D

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom