11E08BF1-CFD3-4A8C-8CE6-75E7E81547A3.png

We were able to get ahold of a vet we know, but it was a bit too late for us! He said it was probably cold-shocked since we had a storm the day before.

I just had it on a heating pad with a towel, gave it electolytes and water, but it was too late, it went through a cycle of vomiting, sleeping and seizures, and finally died. We gave it some air via CPAP, it seemed to help for several hours, but some BYC members said not to. I hope this will help you some.
I brought her in and put her under the heat lamp. It isn’t helping it seems ☹️ Shes just very, very weak. I had to pretty much pry her mouth open to get the syringe in to give her drops of water/electrolytes

We think our chick ate something or was cold-shocked. In all probability, your poor chick will die, but you can always try to help it if you can, since it might survive. 😥 🥰
I’m trying. The vet I spoke to freaked me out so bad about the bird flu and having ducks so close by. I have their coop covered, and their run is all covered in wire, but I haven’t put a tarp or cover up yet for birds that fly overhead.

I brought her in and put her under the heat lamp. It isn’t helping it seems ☹️ Shes just very, very weak. I had to pretty much pry her mouth open to get the syringe in to give her drops of water/electrolytes
sounds like what happened to my chick , it was very weak and could not stand or keep it's head up.
sorry to say but must likely it will die. 😥

do you have or can you take a picture of the dying chick??

this is what mine looked like when it was dying

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    490.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    497.2 KB · Views: 38
this is what mine looked like when it was dying
I have her in a large red tote-tub with fresh pine shavings and near the heat lamp for warmth but not under. She is in the very corner side of the tub and won’t move. I’ve never seen one this weak before, ever. She can’t chirp anymore but was chirping this morning. Still won’t take water.

Attachments

• 0BD4C56C-71CA-4030-B6A6-22A50F509171.png
    0BD4C56C-71CA-4030-B6A6-22A50F509171.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
I have her in a large red tote-tub with fresh pine shavings and near the heat lamp for warmth but not under. She is in the very corner side of the tub and won’t move. I’ve never seen one this weak before, ever. She can’t chirp anymore but was chirping this morning. Still won’t take water.
Oh poor thing she looks like she's dying😭!
mine was chirping,stood up and soon after died😢
poor thing!

Heat lamps are too hot. If she is indoors a heat lamp is not needed. You may be over heating her with it.

Back
Top Bottom