7 day old peachick wobbly-HELP!

Romeacresfarm1

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
my single peachick had trouble with a fecal blob that I cleaned off. It seemed to be fine but yesterday, it flew out of my hand and landed on the floor. I see it picking at the pine shavings. it is unsteady and I am not sure what or if any of these things had caused it......any thoughts would be much appreciated.

i am watching it as I took out the wood chips and put a piece of carpet in the bottom. It no longer is obsessed with wood chips but is now obsessed with the edges of the carpet to which I snip off anything that could potentially come out. I think its it's own worst enemy! It doesn't seem to be interested in eating although it will peck at food when I pick it but it doesn't swallow it. The feed is a gamebird/turkey starter but I mixed in some FlockRaiser to see if it would eat anything. It is thin but very active. Water has electrolytes and probiotics which it won't drink either *sigh*

It acts positively drunk! It is driven to pick at everything except it's food and water!
I put a bear in with it for company as it picks the chicks so that didn't work. I guess it likes it...when it isn't trying to peck it's nose off!

Last edited:
'Report on 'Coffee" the Peachick. Doing just fine! I believe it was due to lack of sleep that it was so "loopy" as another poster described it. It now sleeps through the night. It's happy as are WE!

Back
Top Bottom