Four day old chick starving itself!

The crumble looks untouched but I definitely am hoping he’s eating a bit. And yes I have a small water reservoir in there for him. I will try leaving a wet mash overnight in a small container along with the crumbles on the floor
Please continue with Tommy’s updates. Would love to see photos as well. 🥰

How’s Tommy and his new siblings doing @suwupra?
Hey thanks for checking in! I ended up picking up some Easter Eggers and did NOT expect them to be such giant babies! They taught him how to drink and eat from the feeders yay!! Plus they're SO friendly! Tommy was so scared and literally fought them:lol: He's since warmed up to them though and because he's a runt, he's always constantly cold and trying to huddle against or under them haha. Now my dilemma is trying to keep him warm while trying not to overheat the Easter Eggers with the heat lamp!

Please continue with Tommy’s updates. Would love to see photos as well. 🥰
IMG_2422.png

Picture for comparison -- Tommy is so tiny! That's Trevor next to him (he's a week old) and Big Smoke's sleepy self below (2 days old, also looks like a tiny bear imo:lol:) [disclaimer: we don't know the genders and I didn't name them haha]

Now my dilemma is trying to keep him warm while trying not to overheat the Easter Eggers with the heat lamp!
Give them a large enough space they can move out from under it if they like while he can stay at it's hottest point and relax under it spread out without huddling..

Cute babies, glad he's got friends now and thriving! :love

Hey thanks for checking in! I ended up picking up some Easter Eggers and did NOT expect them to be such giant babies! They taught him how to drink and eat from the feeders yay!! Plus they're SO friendly! Tommy was so scared and literally fought them:lol: He's since warmed up to them though and because he's a runt, he's always constantly cold and trying to huddle against or under them haha. Now my dilemma is trying to keep him warm while trying not to overheat the Easter Eggers with the heat lamp!
I’m so happy that Tommy is doing so well! ❤️ I totally understand what you’re saying about the Easter Eggers overheating. I currently have my 2 youngest Serama chicks in the brooder with my other bantams (6) and 1 EE chick. I use pet heating mats (I don’t like heat lamps). I place them against the brooder wall at one end for the teeny tiny Seramas to snuggle against for extra warmth if needed. They use it a lot… well, they ALL do! I love the updates! I should add, that I keep them in a very warm room to begin with. 🙂

Oh that is great! Tommy just needed some friends! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom