7 month old hens still not laying

Kaitie09

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2009
South Central, PA
No idea what is going on. We live in southern Pa so it is cold here. They are all healthy, good weight, and they do sit in the nesting boxes, but none are broody. We have 4, 1 1/2 year olds that are laying, and we have tried keeping their eggs in longer, and there are golfballs in the most popular nesting boxes and we have tried the 12hr on, 12hr off lighting. The ones not laying are 2 Salmon Faverolles, a RIR, a NHR, an Australorp, a Black Jersey Giant, an EE, Buff Orpington, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Speckled Sussex, a Welsummer, and a Blue Andalusian.

Hi there i also have 2 7 month old chickens that upon till today no eggs, but today 1 of them laid one in our garden, quite suprised really as its pretty cold & raining today, mine to have been sitting in the nest box for weeks but nothing. Hopefully wont be too long for yours either.

I have had them go as old as 10 months before laying, sorry to say. The cold weather might have something to do with it as well but just as humans chickens mature differently. No on button at age 6 months.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom