7 Week old GLW's and NHRs.

Merro

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2012
And a 6 week old Australorp.

They're all growing pretty evenly. Any gender guesses would be appreciated.

3 NHRs, Two developed underbeaks.. Never buying from Rural King again.
Can get separate pictures. Gonna number them.
1 on left, 2 on right.

2 in front, 3 in middle, and 1 towards the back. Their combs and feathers are all very similar.

M
y Australorp photos are fuzzy, sorry.

Most interested in the 2 GLW's. This is 1, developed a curved beak.
Grew feathers in much faster. Very laid back. Straight comb.

Full belly!

#2, No comb at all, actually a little receded. Very food oriented.

Thanks for any opinions!

They all look pretty girly to me right now. I wouldn't buy any chicks from RK either since you got so many twisted beaks. I'd probably have a mind to call and tell them or call the hatchery they order from and give them an earful!

None of those look like pure breeds those wyandottes are not gold they look mixed as one has a single comb and wyandottes dont have single combs

Wy's can, they just aren't breed standard I've heard..

And yeah, I have half a mind to complain to the hatchery.. Tried to complain to RK about it and they just said that's why they don't sell with guarantees. I'll rather go to farm and home or TSC next time.. Or just get some mutts off craigslist like I did last time.

I have never had a gold laced, but do have a silver and some black laced reds. You can see their lacing very well by 6 weeks, I'm not sure why we can't see lacing on yours?

This one is an EE, but her dad is black/red and she's laced just the same as the others did. She's just shy of 6 weeks in this pic.

.__. well that's good then. I definitely will complain to the hatchery now.

There is some light gold in the underfeathers beginning along the middle of each feather. Ah well. I got screwed over double - sick chicks and not even what I wanted. Never had GLW's before. Only my RSL's and some EE mutts.

Which also I forgot to mention the Aussy didn't escape the defective gene pool. S/He has the last toe of each foot really badly bent. Almost faces up and out while walking. Doesn't seem to be in pain, can show pics in a bit. But can't use the toes for anything. Not really sure what to do there.

The Aus's little toes can be seen kind of here. Like that last toe probably should be facing down onto the ground, not towards the sky.

But that's just my opinion with all my toes in the correct places!

Back
Top Bottom