7 week old splash BLRW... roo?

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
2,265
29
191
Quebec, Canada
Hoping to get some expert opinions on this one...

Sweet, shy little chick is 7 weeks old and half the size of its two littermates (who are confirmed girls) - comb and wattles have been there the past few weeks but very pale, no hint of red or dark pink yet - the photo coloring is a bit off, btw.

If he's a boy he can't stay.... *sobs*

DSC_0305.jpg


DSC_0304.jpg


DSC_0303.jpg


DSC_0302.jpg
 

solarquail

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
980
11
131
Virginia
imma gonna take a guess and say girl. is its comb more pink or red? since the photo is a little off. might just be the head girl even its face looks like a girl.... id say 75 % chance its a girl and 25% chance a boy.
 

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
2,265
29
191
Quebec, Canada
It would be SO nice if it were a pullet... I don't see big chunky boy legs and, as I said, it's really tiny compared to the two others from the same incubation - although the parents are not the same, so maybe it's a line thing?
hu.gif


These are my first BLRWs so I'm quite poor at sexing them when so young, LOL!

fl.gif
please be a girl!
fl.gif
 

Tradeshows

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 19, 2010
16
0
22
i think it's a ROO. at least it looks like it. sooooooooo sory!!!!!!javascript:insert_text('
sad.png
',%20'');
 

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
2,265
29
191
Quebec, Canada
So the vote is half boy, half girl....

Guess I'm going to have to be patient on this little fella and see how it turns out in a few weeks...

I'll post more pics again at that point!

Thank you!
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom