7 wk old silkie....... boy or girl?

Oh the game of genetics...... is it your doe or buck that has the dominant gene?
When yeti was a chick i was going to name him taun taun after the star wars creature. But yeti is easier to say

Oh the game of genetics...... is it your doe or buck that has the dominant gene?
When yeti was a chick i was going to name him taun taun after the star wars creature. But yeti is easier to say
Taun taun and yeti are both cute! As for my doe, I kinda think she is flawed. The first time we breed her to a buck, two boys. Next year, we tried a different nicer buck. Two boys again. Third year we used the same buck as we did the second time who was the Father of 13 doelings from that year! Guess what? 2 boys. :hit

Fourth year and I was losing hope. On the fourth year. One boy and one girl but, the girl was breach and broke her neck! :barnie:hit

Taun taun and yeti are both cute! As for my doe, I kinda think she is flawed. The first time we breed her to a buck, two boys. Next year, we tried a different nicer buck. Two boys again. Third year we used the same buck as we did the second time who was the Father of 13 doelings from that year! Guess what? 2 boys. :hit

Fourth year and I was losing hope. On the fourth year. One boy and one girl but, the girl was breach and broke her neck! :barnie:hit
Mmm, keep in mind female mammals only have two X chromosomes to pass on. Only males have the one Y to pass on. You've just had bad luck.

Back
Top Bottom