75 degrees to cold?

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
its going to be 75 degrees out side today although it feels much hotter to me. all my chicks have most of their feathers and are starting to get their head feathers. can they go out side for about an hour?

Sure, just watch them. If they start to huddle time to go in.

If this is their first time out, for the first several minutes they aren't going to move. It takes that first adventurer to get the others moving.

Matt

well i let them out side for about an hour. at 1st they didn;t know what to think. my rooster wanted nothing to do with it. i set him on the grass and he jump off of it and back into the box. then he just took a nap. while the others started to explore. he finally joined in when he seem them chasing worms. lol now there all taking a nap in the brooder.

How did you get them outside? I've got 16 that will ready for a maiden voyage soon, but i don't know how to carry them from the brooder in the basement to the yard.

Oh - i can just envision the fun already! they love to fly all the time (well - at least try to - lots of kamikaze flying going on...), and they go crazy when the lid of the brooder is off. So - to open the lid of the brooder, catch one, open the lid to the box, move her in to the box - all without letting her friends escape either the brooder or the box - seems like a wild circus! I think I should have my DH take pictures of that whole process - should be even funnier than the chicks' reactions to being outside for the first time!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom