7mth old Purebred Italian Mastiff female S Ontario

FairfieldChicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Burford, Ontario
I have a 7mth old Purebred female Italian Mastiff / Cane Corso for sale.
I dont have the time nor the patience for her, and have alot on my plate and am looknig to get more chickens, and she likes to chase them so it doesnt work in my situation. She has been through some training, but still needs more to be a great dog.
She is not fixed, but is house trained. We keep her in a crate at night, I dont trust her out yet as the mastiff in her tells her to eat all my socks...
She will only go to someone who has the time to train her, or can afford to bring someone in to train her, I would prefer someone with a mastiff or someone with good experience with them.
Thank you

PS sorry bout double posting, I clicked the wrong area before and will try to delete it

40501_057.jpg

here is a pic of her sitting nicely
smile.png
she has a sore on her ear I am unsure of where she got it or how long it has been there. Right on the tip, but could be from when she is racing around the yard with my goldendoodle. She has all her shots up to date, and has been dewormed several times.
smile.png

40501_055.jpg

Last edited:
She looks SO much like my mastiff...
big_smile.png

I'd take her if i had a bigger house..
tongue.png

We got her thinking she would be a breeze since the previous owners swore she was well trained... lets just say they wernt purely honest with me.
I love her, but am allergic to her dander or fur or something. I have been very stuffy, sore itchy eyed, and had 2 sinus infections I can only trace back to her since nothing else has changed and I tend to get infections only when Im allegic to something. I have been around dogs my whole life, and never thought I would ever have a reaction like this. Claritin only works for a few hours and I hate dosing myself up all the time just so I can walk her or feed her... but she is very loving, sticks close, walks well and loves giving kisses. She does ok with kids so far, tends to be a bit jumpy still, she is an indoor dog... wish I had a huge farm so I could stick her in the barn so I could keep her out of the house..

Just out of curiosity, how big is she? At 9 months our "italian mastiff" was almost 125 lb. Now at a year old, he is about 140 and still growing. His frame is about as big as probably gonna be, but he has muscle to put on.
He is a neo/cane corso
21675_dscn1772.jpg

21675_dscn1985.jpg

Last edited:
the Neopolitan in his background will make him alot bigger than a purebred Italian Mastiff. Cane Corsos are Italian Mastiffs. They are shorter, but bulky and are big compared to a general large breed dog like a retriever or a standard poodle. She is approx 70lbs, and may look small in these pics, I'll have to upload others, she is big... trying to think of somethin to upload in comparison... maybe my husband/.? Have one of her trying to sit on his lap... was funny
40501_021.jpg

Quote:
Oh, yeah, she looks bigger in that photo.

Although, "Italian Mastiff" is a generic term used to discribe any number of mastiff or "molasser" breeds of dog from Italy. Neopolitans can also be correctly referred to as "Italian Mastiff". But you are correct, neos out weigh corsos. Although by breed standards, they aren't meant to be much taller than corsos are meant to be. Corsos are 23.6-26.7" at the withers. Neos run from 24-31". But the weight variance is corsos 88-100# to the neos 140-200#! That weigh difference is why the corso is so much more athletic than the neo.

Back
Top Bottom