7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Well, instead of 13, I now have 14 eggs cooking. I found a big (beautiful) almost white egg in the coop early today. I haven't gotten any like that, so I suspect one of my Sizzle pullets has just started laying. Anyway, I couldn't resist, and in it went. And any other eggs that they lay today will likely go in as well :oops:

2. venymae

venymae Prairie Wind

Aug 18, 2014
    Manhappiness, Kansas
    My Coop
    Yes!!!

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Let me know when they get here.

Check to see if someone from the post office will meet you there to get them to you.

4. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Ok thanks, will do. The last tracking update was last night about an hour away, so I'm not exactly sure where they are now. Looks like maybe at a sorting facility?? Still waiting to speak to a real person [​IMG] Been an hour and 10 minutes waiting on the "when it's your turn we'll call you back" call....

5. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    @Wickedchicken6

Everything seems to be going great now, thanks for asking. I think the temp took so long to rise compared to last time since I have over twice as many eggs.

Humidity seems to want to be either 25% or 40% so I'm working on steadying that out. I will try to candle in a few days (or tonight who knows) I have a few I have to hand turn so I'll be opening the bator anyway.

6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

usps has a contract with Amazon to provide Sunday Delivery so there should be someone around to get the eggs to you.

7. RoxysAnimals

RoxysAnimals Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2015
    California, USA
    Put the eggs in yesterday! 14 in all, 5 are ours, and the other nine are from a friend. My friend doesn't have any of the same breeds I do, so I'm gonna have a crazy selection of chicks if I have a good hatch. This is my first time using the IncuView from Incubator Warehouse. Wish me luck!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am not so sure about the duck eggs. What I thought was veining after a few days... Well, I am either not finding that egg when I candle, or I didn't really see anything. The chicken eggs (which I have candled twice. And now I want to again) look good so far. [​IMG] Of course! Because it is the ducks that I need more of!
    To be honest, I haven't seen a bulls eye in the duck eggs that I have cracked open. I am wondering if my girl is actually a mule duck?

9. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    That looks cool!

10. chicknlove

chicknlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    AWe crud. I have definite veining and could see it on day 5.. The ones that aren't developing are early quitters and it was obvious when I candled this morning. [​IMG] The ones that have life are definitely darker red looking all around as if there is blood veins all throughout and it casts a reddish hue. All I had to do on the ones I was sure were good was barely chine the light on them in the turner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by