7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 Be the change you wish to see. Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    How is everything going? [​IMG]

Originally Posted by rj122 [​IMG]

38 eggs going! I have had chickens for several years, but this is my very first attempt at hatching! Finished finalizing adjustments on my homemade incubator about 1am last night. Temp is set at 100 with a 1 degree differential, humidity is running about 45/50. I read through this site and used all the amazing information to guide me in the assembly of my incubator. I used 2" 2x4 Foam Boards from Homedepot, cut them on a table saw and used a hot glue gun to built the box. Purchased thermostat and auto turner off amazon along with a few other parts. I hope it works!!

Most of the eggs I collected are Americana's and Buff Brahmas, I have two coops, one with an Americana Rooster and Americana hens along with a few RIR, so the blue eggs I know are from my American Hens and American Rooster, and the Brown eggs are a mix from the RIR and my American Rooster. The Brahma rooster and hens I keep in an entirely different coop, because don't want to mix my Brahmas.

I labeled my eggs by date I collected (started 7 days prior to today)- Breed - and number collected. 5-B-1 is one a Brahma eggs collected on the 5th of December and 5-B-2 is the second Brahma egg collected on December 5th. I don't know if there is a typical way of labeling eggs, if there is, please share. I wanted to be able to document the hate rate and breed by collection date. Let the learning curve begin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice indeed!

[​IMG] Ok...I just realized how to do multi-quotes for one entire page! I couldn't fiqure out how everyone could quote SO many quotes AND remember AND respond! (sometimes I just gotta laugh at myself) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Congrats on learning something new! I try to do that everyday. In desktop mode, the "Multi" quote button will actually work over many pages. When you are catching up, just hit the "Multi" button for every post that you want to respond to, and when you are done and ready to respond, just hit "quote" on the last post, or "Reply" on any post and you will find ALL the posts you wanted to respond to down in the big "Reply" box. I don't think the mobil app has the different buttons to select, but the quotes on the bottom right of each post work the same as the "Multi" button in desktop mode.

3. chicknlove

chicknlove Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Not me! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Songster

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Apparently my second set of shipped eggs is not being delivered as expected today [​IMG] My seller sent them Thursday with 2 day priority so I should have got them today, but they were not delivered. I am trying to locate them to see if they are somewhere I can pick them up, but my local p.o. is closed so I am stuck waiting on hold over an hour wait time on the main line. [​IMG][​IMG]
    So @ronott1 assuming I will not get them until Monday, I can't count them in the HAL, is that right?
    So bummed. Of course these were the more expensive eggs and breeder quality eggs [​IMG]

5. chicknlove

chicknlove Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    So sorry to hear! Hope he is okay! Update us when you can! [​IMG]

6. chicknlove

chicknlove Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Oh bummer! [​IMG]

7. chicknlove

chicknlove Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Saweet! Good Luck! [​IMG]

8. chicknlove

chicknlove Songster

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    Good News! Hope you have a great hatch!

9. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Not your fault they didn't come on time. You ordered them expecting them before the set date...or a day later? Sorry, I will be watching to see if they come today! [​IMG]

10. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    This looks so nice. So neatly numbered. Love it. :) Beautiful eg[​IMG]gs too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by