7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ledahorse2water

ledahorse2water New Egg

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm a maybe if I can get some eggs. Right now some little critter is getting in and eating my chicken eggs. I would like to hatch something eggsotic. ;-)

2. littlenessie

littlenessie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2015
    I'm going to be getting some Ancona duck eggs to hatch! I'm so excited to have ducklings (and my favorite breed but don't tell my Swedish ducks...I love them too) on my birthday! I have an exoterra incubator and have been using that, but is there a better one you guys recommend?

3. danceswithdogs

danceswithdogs New Egg

Aug 27, 2015
    Thank you! We are new to the chicken world and we have fallen in love with them. My husband is almost done building the coop...also a first. We live this site and are learning a lot. [​IMG]

4. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    I am thinking of hatching some store eggs and some farm eggs this time . if nothing hatches that's fine it will be fun to try. so the stores I am thinking is
    Walmart, wholefoods, cosco, my supermarket market basket Wilson farms, trader joe , wegmans, H mart ( Chinese supermarket) they also have duck eggs and quail eggs and maybe a few of my own duck eggs. I might try to order some boult eggs and see if I can hatch them I email them a while ago asking if they would still be alive and I really didn't get answer. please don't be negative its just on my bucket list.

thank you

5. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Some were sold to locals and the remainder had a field trip to the poultry swap and went to a home that had an egg production biz. The nice thing was they were very easy to sex at a couple of weeks old.

I haven't shipped any chickens anywhere, so no expertise. Sorry!

6. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    You'll have a better success rate if you get the cartons that say "Fertile" on them. Many supermarket eggs haven't had a rooster in the production flock, so not much of a chance of success there. Not being negative...just realistic.

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    You have a lot of choices for store eggs!

I have added you to the members list.

8. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Im pretty sure I will also be hatching black penedesencas

9. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Mr. @ChickenCanoe Stock?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  10. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    its something to do the xmas season is a sad one for me I lost both parents mom die in a fire 3 days after xmas last year and my dad had a massive stroke on new years eve 10 years ago . I do know that Wilson farm have roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by