7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Yes....if I can get eggs.

Welcome!

Check out the crazy 24 hour thread posted in the first post
papas poultry
My pet chicken

I will be hatching fertile eggs from Trader Joes again this year and will also try fertile eggs from Whole Foods.
Brand New IncuView Just Arrived in The Mail!

Waiting for December 11th!
Nice!

Welcome!

Check out the crazy 24 hour thread posted in the first post
papas poultry
My pet chicken

I will be hatching fertile eggs from Trader Joes again this year and will also try fertile eggs from Whole Foods.
Nice!

Have you Done the trader joes before? I have been thinking about doing them for layers, but i don't know. I am worried about defects?

Have you Done the trader joes before? I have been thinking about doing them for layers, but i don't know. I am worried about defects?

There's a whole forum here on the "Trader Joe's Hatching Club - Are you a member?" on the hatching success stories. My best hen TeJae is a Trader Joe's hatchling. No defects. A jumbo egg a day with hardly a day off (She's a laying machine!) And if the eggs are good (fresh) they hatch well. My avatar is 27 Trader Joe's chicks from 32 eggs set last year... They all sold in minutes when they outgrew my brooder.

Last edited:
There's a whole forum here on the "Trader Joe's Hatching Club - Are you a member?" on the hatching success stories. My best hen TeJae is a Trader Joe's hatchling. No defects. A jumbo egg a day with hardly a day off (She's a laying machine!) And if the eggs are good (fresh) they hatch well. My avatar is 27 Trader Joe's chicks from 32 eggs set last year... They all sold in minutes when they outgrew my brooder.

wow thats awesome, no I'm not a member, but it sounds intresting

I have hatched trader joes eggs twice. Last year I set 23 eggs, since one was cracked when I candled. 17 hatched and I still have 5 pullets from the hatch. They are great chickens!

There were no defects in them

You did very well!

There's a whole forum here on the "Trader Joe's Hatching Club - Are you a member?" on the hatching success stories.  My best hen TeJae is a Trader Joe's hatchling.  No defects.  A jumbo egg a day with hardly a day off (She's a laying machine!)   And if the eggs are good (fresh) they hatch well.   My avatar is 27 Trader Joe's chicks from 32 eggs set last year...  They all sold in minutes when they outgrew my brooder.

How did you sell them? And did you ship them anywhere? I'm new to this, but I was wondering if you can ship live chickens....

Please add me to the list! I would love to do this
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom