7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

mornin hatchers!!!!
bun.gif

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F09%2F28%2Fbeargoodbye.gif

Aww, great big Teddy Bears waving good morning to me. A lot of you get up earlier than we do..it's only 9:40 here. Have to tend the littles and biggers out there first, then get something in my tummy. Milk and toast. lol..that makes me sound old. Milk and toast...
lol.png

I set my eggs but never posted because I am cameraless at the moment and That's NO FUN
hmm.png
Ordered from Metzer Farm and the packaging was awesome and I really wanted post pics for all to see. I saved the package and still plan on posting some soon as I can! We ordered the minimum of 11 and they threw in 2 extra. We ordered white layers and khaki campbells. When I candled them all the white layers air cells looked great. (wish I could post pics ) The KC eggs all look a bit larger and most are a little wiggly. So I gave them a rest day and then set them up in the turner but am leaving it off for the first couple days. I did turn the inc on. I'm using the Hoovabator 1588. I have hatched chickies before but never ducks. Wish us luck!
thumbsup.gif
Pics to come!!

Oh yeah, waiting for those photos..patiently!

tumblr_lzmp64sypD1qzv71jo1_500.gif

Nice job!

Make sure the egg turned keeps working. Duck eggs are heavy and can cause extra stress on the mechanism.

To be safe, incubate in the 45to 50% range. I cannot wait to see them hatch!

Fantastic! Mystery Ducks!

Keep up the good work on them.

On the egg turner thought..so true! Had that problem with a turner in a new bator .. had just chckens egg in there, but, a lot of them. That thing went out on me in two weeks. But, had been told that the turner that came with it was not real great. My DH took a look at it, did some explainin to me..lol..that I didn't understand, but guess that motor wasn't the best..and the turner itself was quite flimsy..hopefully you have a nice solid turner..but still watch it. :)

Just wanted to remind those of you that may forget, like me, to watch your little thumbs up comment box. I have already left a couple of thumbs up/likes, and comments on a couple of yours today.

:weee They will be so nice to see hatch! Candling video?
I would love to do a video, but I use the super bright light on my phone, which is also my camera so I'm thinking that wouldn't work so well... If I get a candler I'll make a video for you guys ;)

lol chickenlove, maybe Sally means something more like this.....
He looks a little worried to me, like I am once my eggs go into lock down, especially marans eggs!
worried-2.gif

you guys are killing me from not posting!!!!! come on cynth!!! you know HOW I POST!!!!! GO FIND HER!!!! if that was a red head woman thats me now!!!

Quote: So it is a good thing that I spaced the eggs out? I thought Sally would bite my head off for not filling the empty space to better regulate temperature.
hide.gif

Quote: My BCM eggs were my best hatches. It was always the Amauracanas and EE that wouldn't hatch in the incubator. The broodies had perfect hatches though.
idunno.gif

MC just watch the ones near the turner motor, believe it or not that motor does send out extra heat... if you need one at it, be sure to rotate those eggs daily... its always best to rotate eggs anyways at candle times anyways no matter what bator you have

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom