7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Ok so I don't remember if I posted here about my shipped eggs... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THEM! They sent one extra, which is Great... But all of them Where COVERED in poop. I don't clean my nesting box as much as I should, but this is BAD. I might try sand paper to get most of it off. The shipping job was terrible. It was a single layer of like this foam-y sheet stuff lining the box. nothing else. the eggs themselves where wrapped in one paper towel then put in a egg carton. the egg carton was loose in the box, with just the layer of foam
ep.gif
I just Really hope the seller isn't on BYC. Sorry I just needed to rant

Ok so I don't remember if I posted here about my shipped eggs... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THEM! They sent one extra, which is Great... But all of them Where COVERED in poop. I don't clean my nesting box as much as I should, but this is BAD. I might try sand paper to get most of it off. The shipping job was terrible. It was a single layer of like this foam-y sheet stuff lining the box. nothing else. the eggs themselves where wrapped in one paper towel then put in a egg carton. the egg carton was loose in the box, with just the layer of foam
ep.gif
he.gif
That sounds like terrible packaging, and overly soiled eggs is just ridiculous as well. I can understand a few with a little mud or poop that can be easily removed, but covered is just unacceptable.

Have you candled them to make sure they didn't get damaged during shipment?

ep.gif

It is fine!

Sorry about the bad shipping.

I posted today about washing eggs.

Ok so I don't remember if I posted here about my shipped eggs... NOT HAPPY ABOUT THEM! They sent one extra, which is Great... But all of them Where COVERED in poop. I don't clean my nesting box as much as I should, but this is BAD. I might try sand paper to get most of it off. The shipping job was terrible. It was a single layer of like this foam-y sheet stuff lining the box. nothing else. the eggs themselves where wrapped in one paper towel then put in a egg carton. the egg carton was loose in the box, with just the layer of foam:eek: I just Really hope the seller isn't on BYC. Sorry I just needed to rant

I'm sorry. I hate it when people don't know how to package eggs properly. I hope they hatch though. How are the air cells?

The more I read about doing this, the more I wonder if I can or want to do it all. How often do you check temperature and humidity? If I am using the old Bator is there any point in trying to get so detailed? How basic can I be without overly risking the eggs? I work 12+ hours a day, and my house is usually around 60 not 70 degrees. Is it wrong for me to even try unless I get a no touch one?

The more I read about doing this, the more I wonder if I can or want to do it all. How often do you check temperature and humidity? If I am using the old Bator is there any point in trying to get so detailed? How basic can I be without overly risking the eggs? I work 12+ hours a day, and my house is usually around 60 not 70 degrees. Is it wrong for me to even try unless I get a no touch one?

Red Sally's Hatching 101 guide.
For future reference, is there a thread on how to package and ship eggs?
Yes, there is the great egg shipping experiment.

Also:

Back
Top Bottom