7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Increased humidity to 65% and set my eggs in modified cardboard egg cartons. My eggs were shipped from CastleRock, Colorado & North Carolina so I have saddle shaped & detached crazy looking aircells. A few are rocking! R-com says 60-70%? Seventeen going into lockdown, the last Bielefelder egg didn't make it. Hope I get to see them hatch out.

Last edited:
Increased humidity to 65% and set my eggs in modified cardboard egg cartons. My eggs were shipped from CastleRock, Colorado & North Carolina so I have saddle shaped & detached crazy looking aircells. A few are rocking! Seventeen going into lockdown, the last Bielefelder egg didn't make it.

Good luck!
1f44d.png
sounds like you will have chicks soon

I am so sorry it's taken me so long .....I was working late last night. I usually hatch shipped eggs...and their air cells can be kind of wonky due to being rattled during the shipping process. So they can take on a saddle shape. Sometimes when the air cell moves to too much and looks jiggly by day 18 I use a carton to keep the air cell up so the chick know where to position itsself. Let me know if I can help you out anymore!!!!

All 10 duck eggs went into lock down yesterday at noon. I candled right before and had several internal pips. Shortly after that, had two eggs with dimples (where they are trying to pip, but haven't busted through yet. Not sure what that's called.) This morning, those two have fully pipped (one is starting the zip), plus another one has fully pipped and two others are trying to pip.

They are peeping a lot too.

All in all, looks to be going good.

Back
Top Bottom