7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

My hatcher got up to 102 last night. I'm hoping that it didn't affect anyone in there. I did candle a couple eggs and still saw movement. No pips or peeps here that I can see. My air cells really seem small this time around. I don't usually track them but I've never had an issue. We'll see how this works out :/ my humidity is only around 50 right now. I think I'll wait to up it more.

My incubator is peeping, no pips yet that I can see
hmm.png
HURRY UP CHICKIES!!!
No kidding!!!!
locked down last evening, then woke to find temp in bator has jumped to 103 this morning?
WTH?
after all the clears I had, and the few quitters, I only have six hopefuls left!
didn't have time to candle this morning after noting the temp spike, hope they are still ok.

I am so sorry it's taken me so long .....I was working late last night. I usually hatch shipped eggs...and their air cells can be kind of wonky due to being rattled during the shipping process. So they can take on a saddle shape. Sometimes when the air cell moves to too much and looks jiggly by day 18 I use a carton to keep the air cell up so the chick know where to position itsself. Let me know if I can help you out anymore!!!!

Thanks - I appreciate the feedback!

I went for a bike ride on my trainer - and this happened!

Earlier than I expected! Good thing I emptied the brooder yesterday! I think this one will beat the new year...

Back
Top Bottom