8 - 10 wk old roo has head down between legs and shakes it. Cant stand, pushes backwards

It sounds like wry neck and your doing the right thing. Your doing a great job.
X2
thumbsup.gif

I have a 14 week old blue orpington pullet doing the same thing. I have been giving Tylan 200 as she had had some sneezing a couple of days before she started the shaking. I am also giving Poly vitamins and selinium.. Also pped her prtien. I have raised her and siblings on Purnia chick starter. Which they are still on.
She seems to do this more when she is stressed.
Should I cull her or keep trying?
Any other suggestions on how to try to help her?

How is Ike doing now? Ur describing my 5 yr old hen who just started doing that today. I sure hope he is better. I so want my Puppy to b better.

How is he doing? I'm new to the site and to having a chicken. Red (about 5yrs old) just started walking backwards a few days ago. It's got us all worried. No other symptoms.

I'm sorry to say, Ike passed away rather unexpectedly for no obvious reason. I certainly suspect it was the disorder/deficiency behind it. We just found him on his side, dead. I know deficiencies and imbalances can lead to heart damage. I feel that may have been the killer. He was never able to walk right and scooted/flapped along. He never seemed bothered by it much, or in pain. He always ate very well. I would do physical therapy with his legs to give more movement, and he did seem to benefit from that.

His hatch mate Tina, has been thriving though. Her symptoms were not as severe. Her gait is a little jerky, but she has been accepted by the flock and seems content.

Hydration, supplements, warmth and low stress seemed key during our struggle. Good luck, its a tough call.

Hi, we spoke quite a while back about wry neck.
I just notices you have D'Uccles! I adopted one a couple months ago and adore her. Can you tell me how to pronounce the name phonetically?
Thanks,
Melissa

Help!!!!!

One of my chicks is acting odd. She won't pick her head up when handled... Just rubs her head on my hand. Sometimes she rubs her head as she walks and topples over!!!
Can email a video if helpful!!

Buy poly vi sol with out iron or at a feed store you cab get nutridrench ...this may help..my 5 week old chick is doing it aswell..been on the vitamins for a day now..but still dont notice any improvment

Back
Top Bottom