1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

8 Black Copper Marans eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illia, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Up for auction here are 8 French Black Copper Marans hatching eggs. 4 of them will be from my darkest layer, the other 4 from assorted hens, very nice eggs! This is my first offering of Black Copper Marans eggs for the year, and fertility so far has proved to be very good.

These are some of the latest eggs laid:

[​IMG]

My Black Copper Marans are from various breedings, mostly dominated by Bev Davis lines. Egg color here has always been good, any light layers are culled, and we do not breed one pure line to another, as we've already learned the hard way how much that can set back egg color quality. I have a few males I've chosen out of handfuls I've culled, and I have several handfuls of hens. This auction is from only one chosen cock over about 4 different possible hens.

My Marans are of the French Standard, being feather legged, and are bred for the proposed US standard, based right from the French. There are no under-weight, clean-legged, vulture-hocked, recessive Wheaten, squirrel-tailed, yellow soled, or deformed toed birds here. Unwanted white in the plumage is something we are still working on, and so far with success. Side-springs was noticed in a few parents and is being bred out from the few hens of that line we've kept due to their good body type, leg strength, and egg color.

This here is the cock who is covering the hens that laid the eggs for auction. He does have extra red in the breast but I want that to increase the coppering in the females. The second photo shows his width compared to a couple other Black Coppers, one being narrow, the other having three faults worth culling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a small sample of the hens who laid the eggs for auction. They have great size, sweet and laid-back temperament, and have occasionally gone broody.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The cock being used is 1/2 Bev Davis, 1/4 Presley, 1/4 Wade Jean. The hens who laid the eggs are full Bev Davis.

These eggs will be shipped out on Tuesday, March 28th. I take payments via Paypal; if you do not have an account, I also accept Money Orders.

Good luck bidding! [​IMG]

2. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Illia, I'd love to buy some of your eggs. Will you be offering another auction in the next couple of weeks? My incubator (and 2 broody hens) are completely stuffed right now LOL

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yes, this is just my first auction for the Black Coppers. If you want, you can PM me to place an order scheduled for a certain (or the next available) week. [​IMG]

4. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Awesome! Will do! TY!

5. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Those birds are GORGEOUS! I might have to get some soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by