8 Black split for LAVENDER Bantam Cochins

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PhoenixFeatherFarms, Oct 26, 2010.

1. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    I have 8 unsexed Black split for Lavender Bantam Cochin chicks that need a new home as I just need the space for chicks from shipped eggs. They range in age from 3-5weeks old. All have been brooded together. All are from my Bantam Lavender Cochin project pen. leg feathers are really filling in on some of the older ones and are looking nice. The are hatched with feathers to the middle toe and so far all have kept it [​IMG] Thus far all have much better foot feathering then their Lavender daddy.

I would rather Local p/u or I can meet part way within an hour of so for cost of gas but I will ship. Shipping is $50 and they would be shipped after they have been paid for and after I order and receive a shipping box.

It was also asked if I can deliver to the OHIO NATIONALS & yes I can for a small fee ($15)

Parent stock pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I am interested but afraid the auction will be over when I come back from morning chores. Tell me what breeding I may need to do to get these to the 100% lavendar bantam cochins stage please! Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

3. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    you would breed these together then breed their Lavender offspring together and you will have pure Lavenders. Now you will want to continue breeding in quality blacks to improve type and leg color. But to breed 100% Lavenders you would have them when you hatch Lavenders from these chicks and breed those Lavenders together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by