8++ Call Duck Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rebel Rooster, May 24, 2010.

1. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Hi BYC!
    Rebel Roo again!

My call ducks look a lot like wild mallards... They are beautiful birds! And livin' in the South... We named em Bubba, Daisy & Darleen... I have my bator full of their eggs and so... now I'm sharin'...
    Thanks for lookin'
    Wade
    RushLanePoultry.com

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    are they really call ducks? Thye look a little big ?? I'm really looking for some calls

3. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:They look like Calls - the drake isn't as "streamlined" as my Mallard drakes.

That being said, they aren't the cute-as-a-button, rounded, stubby little Call ducks that are so sought after (I'm looking for some Calls too - my little drake needs a mate!). No offense, Rebel Rooster - they're very pretty. I'm was actually tempted to buy some of your eggs because I love the look of your lighter colored girl - but, if she's the color I think she is, it won't pass on to any of the ducklings (except in recessive form that won't pop back up unless the ducklings are bred back together - and that's a LOT of work!) - all the ducklings should be regular mallard-colored, and I already have Mallards - I want something different looking! [​IMG]

4. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    No Offence taken at all!!! There are Rowans in the mix I'm sure... Didn't really know what else to call em'... I'm new to ducks...
    Last Spring a dear sweet friend of mine from southern Ga. sent me a few duck eggs with a silkie order... I put em in the bator and 28 days later... "quack-quack" she had a pond full of these ducks! Still does I think! She sent me goose egg several weeks ago... holy cow! Looks like a little football! It's in the bator growin' though...
    Thank yawl for lookin'
    Wade

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by