8 days left

1ADAM12

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2016
Tioga, PA
Is this normal with 8 days left? Hatch should be next Saturday. Not much movement but you can still see veins. Hope all is ok. This our first time hatching.

Attachments

• 22309CE8-881B-48AC-9464-F17332634C31.jpeg
    22309CE8-881B-48AC-9464-F17332634C31.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 7
veins look healthy, so there is a good chance it is good.

Brinsea makes fantastic incubators, your hatch should be fine! :fl[/QUOTE

Thanks! This is our first time. My 14 earnold daughter is loving it just as much as the wife and I. We have 2 pure Speckled Sussex, 2 Speckled Americauna cross, 2 speckled black Australorpe cross, and 6 pure polish that we got from a friend. We had 2 more Speckled Sussex that we’re not fertile. Our Roo definitely has his favorites hahaha

I suggest not holding the egg upside down. You might detach the air cell or disturb the chick inside. It's always best to keep the wide end up and pointy end down.
Always give an additional few days after hatch date to allow slow developers time to hatch.

I suggest not holding the egg upside down. You might detach the air cell or disturb the chick inside. It's always best to keep the wide end up and pointy end down.
Always give an additional few days after hatch date to allow slow developers time to hatch.
Thank you! Did not know that could happen. We are done candleing for now until they hatch. Keeping fingers crossed! We have 6 polish that we got from a friend, 2 Americauna Speckled cross, 2 Black Australorpe Speckled cross, 2 pure Speckled Sussex, and 2 speckled that were not fertile.

Back
Top Bottom