8 eggs set and go!

You should leave them alone until they finish, you need the others in there so that they can play the Competition game, what that is, the ones that are out will INSPIRE those that are not and they will move quicker to join them.

No need to worry about the humidity now, it will flexuate because you have wet duckies out. Everything will change now, no since in watching it closely or change anything.

Dammit! I nicked blood vessels in two of them. They have been pipped for over 12hrs and I thought id just see if they needed help. I hope they will be ok..other eggs are looking good. Why do I have to be so impatient?

Why are you helping them? with 80% humidity they don't need help, they will just slip right out of there. Give them time. 12 hours isn't enough time.

Why are you helping them? with 80% humidity they don't need help, they will just slip right out of there. Give them time. 12 hours isn't enough time.

@Kleonaptra , I agree. 12 hours isn't at helping time. The fact that they're bleeding when you try shows you that. A bad nick, or too many of them, will cause the bird to bleed to death. When they bleed, stop right then and stop the bleeding, then hands off.

I'm a little concerned that you've read a lot about Calls needing help hatching sometimes and maybe you're not distinguishing between what we usually refer to and Aussie Calls? The reason our Calls sometimes need help is that they have very tiny bills that make it hard for them to pip and zip successfully. Aussie Calls are actually an entirely different breed, and the bills are considerably longer. I really think you should give them more time to see what they'll do on their own.

Very best wishes for beautiful new babies.
hugs.gif

@Kleonaptra , I agree. 12 hours isn't at helping time. The fact that they're bleeding when you try shows you that. A bad nick, or too many of them, will cause the bird to bleed to death. When they bleed, stop right then and stop the bleeding, then hands off.

I'm a little concerned that you've read a lot about Calls needing help hatching sometimes and maybe you're not distinguishing between what we usually refer to and Aussie Calls? The reason our Calls sometimes need help is that they have very tiny bills that make it hard for them to pip and zip successfully. Aussie Calls are actually an entirely different breed, and the bills are considerably longer. I really think you should give them more time to see what they'll do on their own.

Very best wishes for beautiful new babies.
hugs.gif

Agree, just hang tight, they will all come to you, no need for you to come to them.

They aren't all calls. Guys, guys, relax ok? Not my first time. Everyone's alive, everyone's ok, but they are still just sitting there with holes not made any bigger. I was deliberately trying not to touch any membrane, its usual for me to chip a little shell at 12 hour intervals. This was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck. I sprinkled a little cornflour around the edges and everyone is ok. All chirping. I was worried the hydrometer was lying, because the membranes seemed very tough to me. I used to incubate in a home made one and it tended to bake shells and dry out membranes. Everyone needed help back then and old habits are hard to break.
With the heatwave broken, we are holding steady at 80%, temps between 37.2 and 37.5
I got a 100wt for my brooder yesterday I had to keep them on a hot water bottle as well. Little eldest, is pure call and a drake I think. The other two are larger and BOTH look scovy. I swear, I only put one scovy egg in. Because I have 2 new call girls I wasn't sure what their eggs looked like, it looks like i have all bigger birds! Except for last to pip, tiny, tiny egg and bubby looks very yellow from what I can see. Oh please gimme another snowy girl!
Oh, what is the difference between calls and auzzie calls? I hadn't read anything by the way...I'll get some pics up today but my eldest has a very short bill. I know my friend I swap and sell with has a thing about short bills and loves my calls

They aren't all calls. Guys, guys, relax ok? Not my first time. Everyone's alive, everyone's ok, but they are still just sitting there with holes not made any bigger. I was deliberately trying not to touch any membrane, its usual for me to chip a little shell at 12 hour intervals. This was just an unbelievable amount of bad luck. I sprinkled a little cornflour around the edges and everyone is ok. All chirping. I was worried the hydrometer was lying, because the membranes seemed very tough to me. I used to incubate in a home made one and it tended to bake shells and dry out membranes. Everyone needed help back then and old habits are hard to break.
With the heatwave broken, we are holding steady at 80%, temps between 37.2 and 37.5
I got a 100wt for my brooder yesterday I had to keep them on a hot water bottle as well. Little eldest, is pure call and a drake I think. The other two are larger and BOTH look scovy. I swear, I only put one scovy egg in. Because I have 2 new call girls I wasn't sure what their eggs looked like, it looks like i have all bigger birds! Except for last to pip, tiny, tiny egg and bubby looks very yellow from what I can see. Oh please gimme another snowy girl!
Oh, what is the difference between calls and auzzie calls? I hadn't read anything by the way...I'll get some pics up today but my eldest has a very short bill. I know my friend I swap and sell with has a thing about short bills and loves my calls

No offense intended. I thought you were talking about your Aussie Calls. Sorry if I misunderstood.

No offense intended. I thought you were talking about your Aussie Calls. Sorry if I misunderstood.

For all I know hun, they ARE auzzie calls...i honestly don't know the difference? I have plenty of pics in my albums on profile page. Id appreciate your input. I have 2 snowy call drakes, one who may be black bibbed, snowy call girl and her daughter, and my new blue one and black bibbed one I think would be the 'auzzie call' as their bills are different to my other calls.
I really don't know what's in my Bator I just collected the smallest eggs for a week and went for it. I certainly didn't expect every single one to be fertile or make it this far

There is another 2 loose in the bator now, with 3 cheeping away still in their shells. It looks like I only got two pure calls! Thats crazy! Everything is call cross because all my drakes are calls, I wanted mostly calls to sell, swap and show with my friend, a couple of big ducks to sell at auction and I was really hoping for one scovy female to keep because I love Gina so much and I wanted another like her. They ALL look scovy...How nuts is that! They are supposed to have only 30% fertility rate. This is the first time every egg I set was fertilized and grew to maturity. So was not expecting that to happen!

For all I know hun, they ARE auzzie calls...i honestly don't know the difference? I have plenty of pics in my albums on profile page. Id appreciate your input. I have 2 snowy call drakes, one who may be black bibbed, snowy call girl and her daughter, and my new blue one and black bibbed one I think would be the 'auzzie call' as their bills are different to my other calls.
I really don't know what's in my Bator I just collected the smallest eggs for a week and went for it. I certainly didn't expect every single one to be fertile or make it this far
NICE< WOOO whoo, so what you are saying is each hatching is a SURPRISE.. hahaha I love those kinds of hatchings.

Back
Top Bottom