8 eggs set and go!

Kleonaptra

Songster
7 Years
Oct 3, 2012
Western Sydney, Australia
About a week ago set 9 eggs. One broke, had to toss it, clean the bator, freaked me out I might upset the hatch. I candled 8 today and all look live. Wonderful veins! They will all be call or call cross. I have snowy drakes, 2 snowy girls, a blue girl, a black bibbed girl and one drake who is black bibbed maybe x chocolate. Its going to be interesting!

Ok so I brought a hydrometer....ive never worried about humidity before, just hoped for the best. My Bator says 37.2 and has not fluctuated much unless I'm candling. My hydrometer said 20% when I first stuck it in with temp 36.7 so I put in a bit more water (my Bator tends to dry out, but also has little holes it leaks from if i overfill) and now a few hours later it says temp 38.8 and humidity 78%! What the hell! The Bator itself still says 37.2
All temps are in Celsius. Any ideas? All eggs had live moving babies last candle

PANIC today, in the heatwave my Bator almost got to 40degrees. I used ice and cool water to get it down and humidity sky rocketed. I was not hopeful. In the afternoon i saw an external pip but wasn't sure the baby was alive. I have just candled and EVERYONE is still MOVING!! In two eggs that I thought were goners I see beaks moving, internal pips! External pip baby is peeping so I made his membrane hole just a tiny bit bigger and wrapped him in wet paper towel as the membrane was very leathery. I upped the humidity, temp is good cross fingers! They ate mostly call ducks.... @Lacrystol

PANIC today, in the heatwave my Bator almost got to 40degrees. I used ice and cool water to get it down and humidity sky rocketed. I was not hopeful. In the afternoon i saw an external pip but wasn't sure the baby was alive. I have just candled and EVERYONE is still MOVING!! In two eggs that I thought were goners I see beaks moving, internal pips! External pip baby is peeping so I made his membrane hole just a tiny bit bigger and wrapped him in wet paper towel as the membrane was very leathery. I upped the humidity, temp is good cross fingers! They ate mostly call ducks.... @Lacrystol

OH boy and let the FUN BEGININg

Get the ice out, get the paper towel out, alls that is going to do is RAISE the Humidity higher, you already said it was at 78???

AHHHH, you raised the humidity???? How high did you want it?? Talk to me, where exactally are you at right now with your settings..

Back
Top Bottom