8 eggs set and go!

Hi All! Update pics!

This is them in the indoor area in my laundry

First day in the big nursery with no roof! I have a smaller hutch thats fully covered they go in outside when really little, but this is their first day in the big nursery

Hi All! Update pics!

This is them in the indoor area in my laundry

First day in the big nursery with no roof! I have a smaller hutch thats fully covered they go in outside when really little, but this is their first day in the big nursery
They are so adorable and look so tiny out there in that big wide world. How do you protect them from the foxes?

During the day they are pretty safe, they only go out for a few hours in the safest part of the day. I was more worried about my pet crows trying to take them but they havnt even looked at them. I love this ugly duckling stage when adult feathers are coming in!
Speaking of foxes, I thought ours had been chased off by nearby developments. My usual routine is letting everyone out about 630, my partner leaves around 7 and I'm not about outside until about 9. The other day, I slept in and my partner left late. It was nearly 8 and he said a fox was in the yard, in the PEN sniffing around the shed! He must have been watching my routine. Very scary.

Back
Top Bottom