8 eggs?!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
So I went out this mornignt o collect yesterdays and todays eggs - and found EIGHT!

My girls had two nests that they were hiding - both held two large white eggs - had to move them to nests inside the pen though as I dont let mine free range 24/7.

I also found 2 little green eggs!!!!!! So Im NOT crazy , One of my buff crosses IS laying this time!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

then I had my two regular cayuga eggs ( i think )

But stilll!!! I mean I found four new nests and eight eggs!!!!!!!!!

Now I just have to figure out which buff cross is laying.

I love finding duck eggs. One of my ducks just started laying again after they all quit for the molt. I was so excited to find that egg yesterday!
smile.png

I'm still waiting for my three year-old hens to start laying after their molt!
barnie.gif

And I have one Welsh Harlequin due to start her first season in mid October and another young Khaki Campbell will hopefully start early November.
Every day I try not to get my hopes up too much. It's frustrating right now!
But hearing about all your hens starting is giving me hope!!
fl.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Ill keep my figers crossed for yall!

Well Its just so awesome since ive only been getting an egg or two a day since august, and now all of a sudden im getting three or four a day!

I want to leave them in thenest because they are way better brooders than me but it is so hard not to pick them up and put them in the bator
barnie.gif

My three Khaki Campbell hens started laying a few weeks ago. 2 eggs the first day and then 0,1, or 2 there after. Today, was the first time we got 3 eggs. Woohoo! All three have started to lay.

celebrate.gif

It has been too long since i had someone go broody. And back then i only had one girl laying. Now she isnt even laying and three or four others are.

In spring we will all have eggs comming out of our eyes! I might even have to sell hatching eggs on here since Ill br getting about 70 a week if all my girls decide to lay.

Back
Top Bottom