8 eggs?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    So I went out this mornignt o collect yesterdays and todays eggs - and found EIGHT!

My girls had two nests that they were hiding - both held two large white eggs - had to move them to nests inside the pen though as I dont let mine free range 24/7.

I also found 2 little green eggs!!!!!! So Im NOT crazy , One of my buff crosses IS laying this time!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

then I had my two regular cayuga eggs ( i think )

But stilll!!! I mean I found four new nests and eight eggs!!!!!!!!!

Now I just have to figure out which buff cross is laying.

2. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I love finding duck eggs. One of my ducks just started laying again after they all quit for the molt. I was so excited to find that egg yesterday! [​IMG]

3. I'm still waiting for my three year-old hens to start laying after their molt! [​IMG]
    And I have one Welsh Harlequin due to start her first season in mid October and another young Khaki Campbell will hopefully start early November.
    Every day I try not to get my hopes up too much. It's frustrating right now!
    But hearing about all your hens starting is giving me hope!! [​IMG]

4. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ill keep my figers crossed for yall!

Well Its just so awesome since ive only been getting an egg or two a day since august, and now all of a sudden im getting three or four a day!

I want to leave them in thenest because they are way better brooders than me but it is so hard not to pick them up and put them in the bator [​IMG]

5. Brassmaster

Brassmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Wayne County, Ohio
    My three Khaki Campbell hens started laying a few weeks ago. 2 eggs the first day and then 0,1, or 2 there after. Today, was the first time we got 3 eggs. Woohoo! All three have started to lay.

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

It has been too long since i had someone go broody. And back then i only had one girl laying. Now she isnt even laying and three or four others are.

7. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i only have 1 out of 8 laying at the moment and like 5 chickens were still in the post molt stage

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    In spring we will all have eggs comming out of our eyes! I might even have to sell hatching eggs on here since Ill br getting about 70 a week if all my girls decide to lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by