IMG_2351.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    870.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 7
Pictures may tell the story. Normally birds don't do their first adult molt until about 18 months of age, but that is variable and there is a really wide range of normal. It's not impossible. At their age, feather picking is also a strong possibility. Often the most pristine looking bird is the one doing it, and it often happens on the roosts at night.
Pictures may tell the story. Normally birds don't do their first adult molt until about 18 months of age, but that is variable and there is a really wide range of normal. It's not impossible. At their age, feather picking is also a strong possibility. Often the most pristine looking bird is the one doing it, and it often happens on the roosts at night.
Just posted a few pics. There is one that is the worst but the other 3 leg bars all show some feather loss at the base of their tails. My 2 Easter Eggers are fine with no feather loss

In the absence of a rooster, sometimes hens will do mounting behavior too. So either that is happening or you have feather picking going on. Since the EE's are pristine, it's likely one or both of them doing it. Can you post pictures of the two EE's? I see some reddish coloring on the shoulders of the one, can't see the whole bird to tell for sure. EE's can sometimes be slow maturing, just want to make sure you do have all girls. You may just have a very dominant one that is mounting the others.

In the absence of a rooster, sometimes hens will do mounting behavior too. So either that is happening or you have feather picking going on. Since the EE's are pristine, it's likely one or both of them doing it. Can you post pictures of the two EE's? I see some reddish coloring on the shoulders of the one, can't see the whole bird to tell for sure. EE's can sometimes be slow maturing, just want to make sure you do have all girls. You may just have a very dominant one that is mounting the others.
They are definitely all hens and all laying for about 2 months. I’ll keep my eyes on both of them but if I do have a picker, I’m pretty sure I know which one it is.

Back
Top Bottom