8 Silkie Eggs Set in Brinsea Mini Advance 12-15-11

Quote:
Awww.... I am getting hatching fever.
tongue.png

Quote:
tongue.png

Yup, I wonder how long this hatch will tame the fever! The one before this was the first part of October. This only my second hatch but I can't continue with this current trend; if all six survive I'll have 33 chickens!

Oh, sooooo cute!!!! I am so excited for you. I hope all six hatch and are healthy. Please keep posting pictures.

Quote:
tongue.png

Yup, I wonder how long this hatch will tame the fever! The one before this was the first part of October. This only my second hatch but I can't continue with this current trend; if all six survive I'll have 33 chickens!

Its all chicken math!
lol.png

Two more came out last night happy and appear to be healthy; only three left to hatch! I'll try to post more pictures this evening when they've had a little time to fluff out. Uhhhggg they're so cute I can hardly stand it!
celebrate.gif

Congrats!!!! They are so cute, you're making me want to start a hatch earlier than I planned
big_smile.png

Keep the pics coming when you have the chance and also this thread, I'm eggcited to see the Mini in action!!

I could be completely imagining things (it's been known to happen), but I *think* a couple of my eggs are starting to rock. It's the beginning of day 19, and I just got things set up for lockdown. I borrowed CSisley's idea and put felt in the bottom of my brinsea. The only colors I had on hand were red (upsetting for chickens, I think) or yellow.

0f1b89e3.jpg

I should get their brooder box ready and buy some food. I really think I'm going to have some actual, live chicks in the next 48 hours.

The yellow looks good, like it came with the Brinsea. I was able to wash and reuse the pad I made, I keep it with the Brinsea along with the sponges I cut in half to give the humidity a boost.

Oh and I'd SWARE on my life I heard a short bit of peeping when I candled on day 19 when there wasn't even a pip. I didn't know they could peep inside the shell! I suppose it makes sense, many of them had their beaks in aircell the last time I candled.

UPDATE: All six have hatched, I'll post pictures this evening.

Back
Top Bottom