8 Week old Ameraucana's (Pullet or Cockerel?)--Will update!

Melisma42

Chirping
Jul 12, 2021
Hello all! Long time forum stalker, first time poster.

I live in a city and can only have hens. I know that I currently have 1 French Wheaten Maran pullet, and 2 barred rock pullets.

I am not sure about the final two--a black and a splash ameraucana. They are 9 8 weeks old. The splash especially acts more "cockerel" like, but they are much harder to sex than my other chicks.

Please let me know if there are any different photos that would be more helpful. These two are of course the hardest to photograph as well!

Thanks!
tempImagecrqZYq.jpg
tempImageijvbOr.jpg

tempImageiGUPTS.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageJEk9RS.jpg
    tempImageJEk9RS.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hello all! Long time forum stalker, first time poster.

I live in a city and can only have hens. I know that I currently have 1 French Wheaten Maran pullet, and 2 barred rock pullets.

I am not sure about the final two--a black and a splash ameraucana. They are 9 weeks old. The splash especially acts more "cockerel" like, but they are much harder to sex than my other chicks.

Please let me know if there are any different photos that would be more helpful. These two are of course the hardest to photograph as well!

Thanks!
View attachment 2757249View attachment 2757250
View attachment 2757253
How fast did they develop their tails? Did they have full tails but week 6.

I miscounted and they are actually a little over 8 weeks old in these pictures. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at 6 weeks old exactly! I have this picture terrible picture from 5 weeks, but unfortunately quite a gap in pictures.
tempImagen2E2AQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom