8 week old EE cockerel, Hudson Valley NY

bellium

Songster
5 Years
Apr 8, 2018
hudson valley, ny
EE67992B-C728-4C3D-83B9-CF5B211477FE.jpeg

My “sexed pullet” started crowing this morning, so he’s looking for some new digs. Local pickup only, willing to deliver him if you live a reasonable distance from me. I won’t ask if you’re going to eat him, and you won’t tell me, deal?

View attachment 2723675
My “sexed pullet” started crowing this morning, so he’s looking for some new digs. Local pickup only, willing to deliver him if you live a reasonable distance from me. I won’t ask if you’re going to eat him, and you won’t tell me, deal?
Nice to meet somebody from Rockland! Anyways have you tried getting him a "No crow collar"? It can help make crowing quieter

I have had 4 roos in the 5 years I’ve been owning chickens, and I’ve been incredibly lucky that I’ve managed to quickly find homes for them, and not even homes at the dinner table! I try not to tempt fate by bringing home only pullets!
Wow! That’s great luck! I hope we can find great homes for our cockerels, if we have extras in the future

Well, I spoke too soon, because the woman who took my little guy brought him back today. She said it was too hard to assimilate such a small bird into her flock. :hit She said she’d take him back in two months, but I did have a potential backup home for him so I think I’ll explore that route first.

What tips do you have for rehoming? I’m in Orange county l too, and I’m wondering how to deal with the roos I’ll be getting from my hatches this year 😭

What tips do you have for rehoming? I’m in Orange county l too, and I’m wondering how to deal with the roos I’ll be getting from my hatches this year 😭
Butcher or sell them to a butcher guy. In Goshen,NY (if you live there) it seems like there are lots of people that own only hens (at least in the area my aunt lives) maybe you can put up an ad so people can buy them for fertilizing eggs.

Back
Top Bottom