8 week old ICELANDIC Cockerels - Connecticut

Cindyv10

Chirping
12 Years
May 24, 2010
Burlington
Local only, please. I will not ship! Seven out of my eleven chicks have turned out to be cockerels! Icelandics are very rare and I do not want to cull these! These are 2nd and 3rd generation offspring from the original 11 hatched in the U.S. by Lyle Behl. They are a very independent breed, perfect for free-ranging, and come in a variety of colors and plumage. These are all a mix of white, black, gold-brown, and copper - still juvenile plumage. Will try to post pictures with this, but if you contact me I will send some. Call Cindy at (860)673-3696 or email at [email protected]

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG, they're BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could adopt one but I live in Suffield and we're not supposed to have chickens at all.
sad.png
My sister lives in Burlington, perhaps I can talk her into joining the hobby. Hmmmm...

I'm afraid I have 6 too many roos. Thanks for the offer, but trading wouldn't help at all! Plus I'm planning on keeping the breed pure & don't want anything other than Icelandic roos.
hmm.png

Quote:
No problem I was just doing some wishful thinking. But, really I too am in the same boat as you. I've posted my silkie roo on here a few days back and no bites so far. If you know of anybody in CT looking for a free white silkie Roo let me know.

Thanks,
Beth

Quote:
If I drove to burlington would you show me before i buy them how they are? do you know how it would look once it cocks out?

I don't believe Icelandics can be sexed by color, but in the case of my hatching, every single brown chick appears to be female and every single multi-colored (white/black/brown) chick has crowed. I'm afraid I can't spare any females, but if you'd be willing to take some males, I'd be grateful. If you do a search of Icelandic chickens, I'm sure you'll be able to find some pictures which should give you a decent idea of how they are likely to grow up looking like.

I'd be more than happy to show them to you if you'd like to come out. If you give me an email address, I can send more pictures of what I have.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom