8 week old Silkie cockerels? Need breeder eyes

chickmamato7

Songster
Aug 13, 2020
Rochester, NY
These two have been driving me crazy! I know it's a bit early, and I am withholding judgement on the rest of this batch, but are these 2 looking like cockerels?

Attachments

• Black 8 wks.JPG
    Black 8 wks.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Black 8 wks 2.JPG
    Black 8 wks 2.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Black 8 wks 3.JPG
    Black 8 wks 3.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 2
  • white 8 wks.JPG
    white 8 wks.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
  • white 8 wks 2.JPG
    white 8 wks 2.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 2
  • white 8 wks 3.JPG
    white 8 wks 3.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 2
Thank you! Until last week I was certain the black one was a pullet, then her crest began to look square & her comb began to look more like a U than a V. I suspected the white one was a cockerel since week 2, so no surprise there. I will try to get better pics of all 4 chicks when I update. Their crests are growing and changing daily right now, so I keep changing my mind!

These two have been driving me crazy! I know it's a bit early, and I am withholding judgement on the rest of this batch, but are these 2 looking like cockerels?
Oh goodness now you have me worried LOL I have 9 week old silkies and I know I have one male satin he is in my profile pic here but my other white one named eggs (named by my 2 yr old granddaughter) looks like yours I thought she was a hen but I might be wrong! need to post a photo to see what those with more expertise think this is my first time raising silkies I purchased some fertile eggs and let my only silkie hen who was broody hatch them.

This is eggs :) I thought she was a hen but am I wrong? I got fertile eggs from a local farm that had both frizzles and silkies. Eggs is 9.5 weeks and looks a bit like the cute white baby in this post

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 2
  • eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 2
  • Eggs3.jpg
    Eggs3.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 1
Obviously I'm not an expert, since I was seeking advice myself, but that sure looks like a big walnut comb for 9.5 weeks & I also see streamers. I'm guessing a cockerel.

Obviously I'm not an expert, since I was seeking advice myself, but that sure looks like a big walnut comb for 9.5 weeks & I also see streamers. I'm guessing a cockerel.
Thank you! I have no Idea what to look for in this breed this would be my 4th Cockerel this season 2 jerseys the little satin and now eggs LOL I am hopeful I can keep them we have room and so far all get along and there are plenty of ladies crossing my fingers! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom