8 week old Silkie with 2 huge swollen ear holes filled with solid white matter

I was repeating myself because you mentioned that there was no pus. So I read that as you thinking these chunks were not pus.
I apologize the first person to commemt made me question if it was indeed pus. Is Amoxicillin an acceptable antibiotic treatment?

Sorry I don't have access to a veterinarian that sees birds at the moment. The place I used to take my parrot had their exotic vet move. Even if my regular vet would agree to see her they don't to any sort of emergency or walk in service so I'd need to schedule out a new pet exam that could be months away. For example our dogs have their yearly exams in June but if anything happens they'd need to go an emergency vet center and that costs 1000s of dollars that I cannot afford to spend on a chicken. So I don't think I can get a prescription of that.

Hi I just wanted to give everyone a very late update on the silkie chick. We finally got her to a vet and she had her ears fully cleaned and prescribed proper antibiotics. She did get vent gleet after the antibiotics so we ended back a second time but the vet was nice enough to DNA her too and she is indeed a hen! She no longer has stunted growth and is a similar size to her two sisters.

Back
Top Bottom