8-week old with large crop-I'm feeling nothing in crop...

Thanks for all your well wishes. It was not a ruptured/punctured air sac; when I found her after work, she was about half gone, lying on her side in a small pool of liquidy feed she had spit up. I felt I had nothing to lose, so I hung her upside down and squeezed her crop (which was still VERY full, feeling like air), and probably another 1/2 a cup of the liquidy feed came out. She either aspirated some of it as it was coming out, or was just too darn weak at that point for emptying the crop to have helped.

The liquid didn't smell sour at all; just smelled like feed. I have had several birds die in my arms, and all have convulsed a bit right before passing; this one did not. I don't know if that means anything or not. Poor thing...she was going to really help my breeding program, and I feel just awful that I lost her. Sigh...

Thanks, all, for thinking of me.
hugs.gif

Oh, you'd smell sour crop for sure
sickbyc.gif
, however, it could have been on its way if it wasn't emptying, just like my Skye's. She is doing infinitely better, by the way. Took over a week of intense therapy and hands-on treatment for her, though.

Back
Top Bottom