8 weeks chicks with feed deformation

Lujangut

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2023
Hi all!

I’m new here :). I’ve recently got two silkies from a little farm. When I got home and started washing their feet (they had horrible poop feet), I realized that one of them has a toe curled under, plus an extra toe and some other ones that don’t look that straight either.
I looked online and saw that there’s a way to fix that. However, I am unsure if it’ll work since they’re already 8 weeks old?
Does anyone know if it will be worth trying? If it does, for how long should I keep the little thingy in her feet?

Thank you all!

Most silkies have wierd feet, 4-5 toes is typical but sometimes you see more. Can you get a picture of the curled toe? Does it impeded walking?
Hi! Thank you for your response. I’ll take a picture of it and post it here tomorrow. They’re sleeping now.
She seems to get around just fine. However, she’s been just in the pen I have for them. I have to try to take her outside and see how she does. She has about 4 toes (if I remember correctly). One of the toes is super super tiny, like it didn’t grew all the way

Hi! Thank you for your response. I’ll take a picture of it and post it here tomorrow. They’re sleeping now.
She seems to get around just fine. However, she’s been just in the pen I have for them. I have to try to take her outside and see how she does. She has about 4 toes (if I remember correctly). One of the toes is super super tiny, like it didn’t grew all the way
Silkies has spooky feet, to be sure.

Most silkies have wierd feet, 4-5 toes is typical but sometimes you see more. Can you get a picture of the curled toe? Does it impeded walking?
Hi there !

Here are some pictures for you to see.
I hope they’re clear enough.

Let me know if you think it would be worth doing the tape or band aid trick.
I looked at her a little closer today and she seems to go off balance a bit whenever she steps on that foot that has the toe curled under

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpeg
    IMG_4932.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    691.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4979.jpeg
    IMG_4979.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg