8 wk old RIR Gender?

I sure hope they are!!! But what makes you say pullet? Just curious...im completely new to chickens! And if you can tell me what to look for as they grow to determine girl or boy please let me know.

No saddle feathers. And I dont think I see any hackle feathers. When they are growing up, check for saddle, and hackle feathers. Oh I almost forgot! You can tell by pulling out their wings and checking the inner feathers on the wing. If they are pointed, that means rooster/cockerel.

my chicks are almost 10 wks now. in these pics are the fluffy feathers saddle feathers? Does everyone still say boys?

I would say pullets. I am still new to this but the combs haven't grown and are still pinkish and not red. My reds in my flock had about the same size combs and now that they are laying they are huge. I vote pullets since no since of saddle and hackle feathers.

I would say pullets. I am still new to this but the combs haven't grown and are still pinkish and not red. My reds in my flock had about the same size combs and now that they are laying they are huge. I vote pullets since no since of saddle and hackle feathers.

Always ignore the combs, the combs dont really matter. I have a hen who has a comb bigger then my roosters, and everyone mistakes her as a rooster because of that.

ChickenTamer...which pic are you talking about? I was looking at them today and i noticed one is def bigger and has black pretty feathers coming out of tail and the other is smaller, lighter pink comb and no pretty feathers in tail. Maybe I have a girl?!!!!! I would so be happy happy!

ChickenTamer...which pic are you talking about? I was looking at them today and i noticed one is def bigger and has black pretty feathers coming out of tail and the other is smaller, lighter pink comb and no pretty feathers in tail. Maybe I have a girl?!!!!! I would so be happy happy!

Sorry..i see you said 1st photo.

It is still possible you may have a girl. Like I said before, you can pull out the wings, and check the inner feathers on the wing. If thy point at the end, that means cockerel

Back
Top Bottom