8 yr old Pekin Died two days ago, I’m worried about my female

Any chance they could have gotten into something toxic? Stagnet water, moldy feed? If you have activated charcoal you could mix some into her water for the day.
Check her feed and look around her area for anything she and your other may have eaten that could be toxic. Could anyone be using antifreeze around your home? Filling car or other vehicle?
If you decide to do any of these flushes make sure you follow the directions to the T. They can cause dehydration.

I am so sorry you lost duck it is heartbreaking :hugs

Any chance they could have gotten into something toxic? Stagnet water, moldy feed? If you have activated charcoal you could mix some into her water for the day.
Check her feed and look around her area for anything she and your other may have eaten that could be toxic. Could anyone be using antifreeze around your home? Filling car or other vehicle?
If you decide to do any of these flushes make sure you follow the directions to the T. They can cause dehydration.

Thank you so much. This has been so sad but my female seems to be doing better but she has the stink stink poop! She will only eat bread...I have no idea what is going on. I am just keeping her as comfortable as I can. Although one strange thing is she loves sleeping in her mates bed during the day which I though was kinda strange. But only wants to sleep upstairs at night.

I changed their water everyday. New food twice a day. The only thing I can think of is lead poisoning from eating paint on the wall. Which I moved them away from what I thought was in enough time. I did have a heater by them and the food I was giving them was kinda by the heater could the food get mold really fast like that. I gave them new food at the least 2x a day.

Most likely she is missing the duck that died. Bread is not a good food have you tried putting some warm water over a small amount of feed making it soupy to see if she'll eat it that way ? she needs nutrients if she is going to get over what is going on with her.
If you can post some pictures of her poop we maybe to help.

Why a heater? what are your temps. Ducks have a heavy layer of down under their feathers and ususally don't require heat if kept out of drafts and on deep bedding that is dry. Yes lead is very poisonous I'm not sure how you would treat for that maybe Activated charcoal would help flush it out of her system.

https://poultrydvm.com/condition/lead-poisoning

Pleased to hear she's still hanging in there! It sounds like she's grieving for her friend, and likely also has something wrong considering the lack of interest in her food and stinky poop.

It's a good sign that she's at least showing interest in eating bread. But yes, as other posters have said, bread has no nutritional value and it also fills them up, so it isn't best to give. I would continue trying different kinds of food and treats that she would normally eat.

Ducks often love their food floating in water or soaked in water until it's soupy/mushy, and that can tempt them to eat. You do have to change it every 2-3 hours though because the food and water will spoil quickly.

This is her poop. The white specks are her oyster shells. It really stinks!

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    545 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom