1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

82 Degrees alright?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by High Mountain Chic, Mar 8, 2009.

1. High Mountain Chic

High Mountain Chic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Leadville Colorado
    I have 6 EEs that are 2 weeks old. I have been following the temperatures suggested by everyone here and by my Storey's Guide Book. But my chicks seem happiest at about 80-82 degrees. They are also starting to get a lot of feathers! I mean these are some wild looking chicks right now! Is this normal at this age! Sorry for the silly questions, but what else is a newbie to do but ask the experts?[​IMG]

2. purecountrychicken

purecountrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Gray Court, SC
    As long as they are happy, playing and eating and drinking ,,,you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

3. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    If your chicks seem happy, then, I'm sure they're alright. Cold, hungry, thirsty, etc., chicks will let you know they need something. When they're cold they'll huddle together & cheep loudly & when too hot they will pant & cheep & show obvious signs of distress. Same thing with thirsty & hungry. Just watch them & let them teach you. You'll do fine.
    Good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by