ok dont worry about this question my daughter posted it and I know why they are not laying eggs yet but she refuses to believe me :mad:

Quote:
ha ha oh gosh funny! LOL she hijacked your post!
smile.png

Well just incase she checks it out theres a few obvious reasons...

1. seasons pretty much up unless they're coturnix or button quail...if which if thats the case as long as they're under about 18 hours daily of lighting (artificial) they'll lay soon. If outside...and under just natural lighting...they're done for the year.

2. Bobwhites and other breeds of quail...stopped a while back for the year.

3. only getting them a month ago could be the reason too-- moving causes some to get so startled they lay off laying for a good while...though a month is pushing it.

Tell her next spring to expect them
big_smile.png

lol we really are not set up for the things we went to the swap and got chickens and they guy gave them to my youngest for free
roll.png
she said mommy I have my own chickens (she is 4) . how could I look at her face and say no way we are not getting them
th.gif
. they are set up in a room in my basement my scrap book room taken over by quail
barnie.gif
. they are texas a&m quail. and I think they are really stressed.

Quote:
I hope to get A & M quail (they're coturnix too) next spring.
smile.png
Nice meat birds!
smile.png
As well as I like the fact that' they're white.
smile.png
White meat. Anywhoo, if you have them in your basement as long as they get good lighting give them a good bit to get used to everything and you should see eggies all year long. Unless you were given older quail, by which then the hens may be done laying for good but i doubt that man did that.
smile.png

Niki

Cute, just give them 15 hours of light. This way she want have to wait till spring. Thats a very long wait for a 4 year old.

Quote:
Ive read up to 18 hours, i've also read up to 16 hours..what gives!?! how many horus!?! not that i need to know but it bugs me not knowing the true time frame! LOL!

Quote:
my 4 year old could care less about eggs its my 12 yo that is wondering.

haha i was wondering about that im sure most 4 year olds today have SOME computer knowledge even if its' just playin with teh mouse or clicking keys, but i was sure that a 4 y/o didnt make the first original post HAHA but id ditn wanna say anything and look stupid
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom