You raised a good point. We had a big storm blow in this evening and I only got 2 eggs today, Yesterday I had 4, the day before 5. I only have 6 hens mature enough to lay. I've been blaming them for hiding eggs, the dogs and crows for stealing them... but the weather has been somewhat stormy lately. HMMMM.....

Well, When we first started out we blamed them for eating them or something but I got to noticing that everytime the weather would mess up they would stop laying.....glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem!
smile.png

Last edited:
How are you doing in LA now. I can't imagine going through a storm like that. Here they come in fierce but we hardley ever get rain so it's a treat. Tonight it actually started to hail for a few minutes. The kids all ran outside to play in the rain, I was yelling at them to get back in because of all the lightning. Crazy kids! (But it was kind of fun)

Thanks for asking, We're doin' ok here just glad to have our power back on. It was out for a while. Where we live is in the central part of the state so it was not quite as bad as it would have been had we lived farther south....

Last edited:
My parents just drove in from North Carolina on Sunday. We were concerned about them driving in the storm but we never thought about all of the displaced people traveling clear up to Tennessee. They couldn't find a hotel anywhere! They were so excited to get here & out of the storm (and we were too because they are elderly) Then we get drenched tonight and it is supposed to last the rest of the week. Yikes!

I am glad to hear they made it ok. Maybe things will clear up for you soon. It's still cloudy and somewhat rainy here....

Just an update....Got ONE egg this evening!!! So maybe it will start picking back up! Once it picks back up I will have some eggs to trade..
smile.png

I got one egg yesterday, and so far none yet today, but it's early. My hens seem to lay all day long. I free range them so eggs are all over the place. How do you get them to lay in the nests with out keeping them locked up all day?

AZ weather report: Clear sky this morning but late afternoons have been clouding up and raining.

What about LA? I've been really busy the last few days with work and havn't really watched any T.V. Do you know what's going on with Ike & Texas?

Last edited:
Quote:
I have my adult birds in a 20'W X 20'L X 6'H... So they lay all around in there
smile.png
Sorry but to be honest I havn't beed watching TV much either.....

Back
Top Bottom