8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Congratulations everyone!!!

Just got caught up!

Sorry about the malpos, the DIS, and the deformed
hugs.gif

A wise BYC member once told me, in reference to shipped eggs, to think of how amazing it is to even get one to hatch after all they've been through! Congratulations!
Thanks and I agree. I'm happy we hath chicks at all. It was a good first experience and not upset one bit that we ended up with 5. That's much better than zero :)

Thanks and I agree. I'm happy we hath chicks at all. It was a good first experience and not upset one bit that we ended up with 5. That's much better than zero
smile.png

You are right...5 is better than zero..and they are adorable! Is the Serama the one on the bottom of the photo? How in the world did you luck out and get a white..and blacks?!
jumpy.gif

Happy New Year! Look what I woke up to yesterday morning. After watching the eagle sitting on her second egg for four days after the first one hatched out. I left the incubator on, this morning I woke up to five bouncing chicks. Three more are hatching now. Looks like the Orpingtons from California and Dark Brahmas made it. Looks like something happened to the LaBresse eggs.

Thanks and I agree. I'm happy we hath chicks at all. It was a good first experience and not upset one bit that we ended up with 5. That's much better than zero
smile.png

Yes, artificial incubation is a miracle.
If only everyone wanting to hatch eggs had a few broody hens, each in their own broody apartments.

Last edited:

Happy New Year! Look what I woke up to yesterday morning. After watching the eagle sitting on her second egg for four days after the first one hatched out. I left the incubator on, this morning I woke up to five bouncing chicks. Three more are hatching now. Looks like the Orpingtons from California and Dark Brahmas made it. Looks like something happened to the LaBresse eggs.
Congratulations!!!

That's great! Love to see some pictures of the new little ones.

You are right...5 is better than zero..and they are adorable!   Is the Serama the one on the bottom of the photo?    How in the world did you luck out and get a white..and blacks?!  :jumpy

The serama is the black one in the top middle. Then a black silkie laying right next to it

Hatching eggs shipped from Indiana to me in Illinois. Not sure how but they were from the same pen (all these came from the same pen except the serama). The other pens had no hatches.

Back
Top Bottom