8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

@cree57iHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome to the addiction! :yesss:

Before you know it you will be hiding the incubator from your significant other....Just my experience.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome to the addiction! :yesss:

Before you know it you will be hiding the incubator from your significant other....Just my experience.

X2!

Or, is possible that your significant other will fall in love with hatching as well

Or, like mine, they'll give up trying to keep you reined in and just hope you don't overrun the place with birds lol

Speaking of which, my hubby had no idea that we had almost 100 chickens at one point this summer lol. He was shocked when I told him but by then, we had already butchered a good 30 of them (extra cockerels). He knows that the flock is around 40-ish now but also knows that the incubator is running again. He didn't say 1 word lol

X2!

Or, is possible that your significant other will fall in love with hatching as well

Or, like mine, they'll give up trying to keep you reined in and just hope you don't overrun the place with birds lol

Speaking of which, my hubby had no idea that we had almost 100 chickens at one point this summer lol. He was shocked when I told him but by then, we had already butchered a good 30 of them (extra cockerels). He knows that the flock is around 40-ish now but also knows that the incubator is running again. He didn't say 1 word lol

I'm sure this will be me in a couple more seasons.
1f602.png

X2!

Oh yum. Did you eat them?? Our were delish!

Come on..share what you use in your coops/nest boxes! Curious minds want to know.
Floor - Sand/PDZ mix. More sand than PDZ. Unfortunately now it is also covered with feathers that I really need to clean up.
Nest box - Aspen shavings, with a little DE in the cracks underneath pushed in with a paintbrush.
Poop tray - Sand/PDZ mix, more PDZ than sand.

My chickens are only in the coop to sleep or to lay eggs. I have a big covered run and our weather is almost never bad enough for them to stay inside during the day. If they had to spend lots of time in there, I'd probably use whatever I could get - chopped straw, shavings, chopped leaves or a mixture of it all.

A couple. They're always good but most of them went to the dogs this time, since they eat raw and most of the boys were skinny legbar type cockerels.

Yeah, I had told my husband to just skin them and we would feed them to the dogs but we decided to bar b que them. They were good, and they were long legged Mack daddys.

Back
Top Bottom