8x30 American Coop (Carolina Coops) build - pix heavy

Pics
Sorry for the late response as I'm super busy and I don't get email notifications. Anyway...

Yes, spray paint everything beforehand except for maybe the 2x4 wall 'studs'. I painted the studs after assembly. When I call painting finished is when every wood surface is painted, and I mean everything.

If you don't paint the 2x4 wall 'studs', caulk the seam where two 2x4s are mated
----------------------------------------------------
So we've had our Carolina Coop* in use for over a year and there is literally nothing that I would change on the design or the kit as supplied. The hemp in the 6x8 roost area has lasted for over a year. We rake the hemp every day or three. We've never had a predator problem either and we're very rural.

*Just a happy owner and CC is not compensating me in any way shape or form

Here's a current pix of the Carolina Coop, the fenced in run around the grove of oak trees and in the background is our water well 'pump house' . The pump house has two pressure tanks, softener, filter and water wells valving (we have two wells.)
ChickenCoopJune2023.jpg

They are doing well however we had a lavender americauna (sp?) expire in the egg hutch. Not a clue why but have been egg bound. They are good egg producers as we are getting anywhere from 7 to 12 eggs a day and the eggs are quite large.

The Carolina Coop continues to be a wonderful design and our maintenance is basically making sure they have water and feed, raking the hemp in the roost area every few days and collecting eggs. A whole five minutes a day :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom