8x8' Coop almost Done!

What type of electric fence wire are you referring to? Would I find it in a normal hardware store?
I am refering to electric fence wire. There is several sizes and is galvanized. I reuse it because my spring calves tear some down while learning about it so i save the broken pieces. I use it again because it is thin and easy to work and its cheaper than hog rings. If you dont have electric fence you look at farm store and buy the smallest roll. Be surprised what u can use it for. In a hardware store check area where they have electric fence for dogs.

Copper wire corrodes and reacts with other metals when left in the weather.

Last edited:
I started putting the hardware cloth over the run (about halfway done) and I still need to attach the pieces securely together, but it looks like it's sagging in the middle. No matter how hard I try to tighten it on the top it still hangs down a little. I'm thinking that maybe I should get a 10 foot 2x4 piece of wood (or similar) and just put it on the top to hold the hardware cloth up. I'm not sure how I would keep it there, but I was thinking of just using liquid nails (glue it on the top). Does that sound weird?
44ms6mmCTW2zYecx77SPXw.jpg

I started putting the hardware cloth over the run (about halfway done) and I still need to attach the pieces securely together, but it looks like it's sagging in the middle. No matter how hard I try to tighten it on the top it still hangs down a little. I'm thinking that maybe I should get a 10 foot 2x4 piece of wood (or similar) and just put it on the top to hold the hardware cloth up. I'm not sure how I would keep it there, but I was thinking of just using liquid nails (glue it on the top). Does that sound weird? View attachment 1268208

Glue wont stand up in sunlight. Putting up joists would spport it with uprights in middle. Instead of wood how about getting galvanized fence rails ( top pipe of chain link) and some t connecters to span that gap and make the support upright. If i could upload pics i would display what im talking about.

Most coverings are going to sag across a 10' span. Since you're using a dog kennel, you could bracket in a support bar, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/ALEKO-Galvan...AO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1518916268&sr=8-10 (obviously this is the wrong size, but you get the idea...)

Ok i just got this post. This may be cheaper way to go but is exactly what i was building from scratch. You can get the parts a Lowes or other box store but these are kits.

Thanks rosemarythyme you was reading my mind and simplifying it.

Back
Top Bottom