9 1/2 week old Orp mixes. Still NO clue on their genders. Wanna help?

Like other people said, I'm pretty sure that you have all hens except the one that you thought was a rooster.
clap.gif

Thanks so much for all of the replies. I have to say that I'm beyond tickled with everyone's guesses! I know that only time will tell for certain, but it makes me smile to think we may get to keep 4/5 of our straight-run chicks.

For those who've said they are pretty, thank you! They came from our fellow BYCer HorseFeatherz (Genny) and I've been very impressed. These little birds have seemed so much friendlier and sturdier than our feed store chicks last year. The variety has been a nice treat, too!

Wishing everybody a happy Friday!

~Stacy

Oh my goodness..............they all look FANTASTIC
ya.gif
love.gif

I am so excited to see them and yes, the large orp/cochin is a cockerel and the rest are pullets
wee.gif

Mine are not out in the coop yet either, I haul them from the garage to their outdoor area most days (really nasty or deep snow like now they are inside).

Here are a couple pictures of their hatch mates - these pictures were taken 2/13 and do not show them all - but what I have left are 2 pullets and 5 cockerels:

The blue pullet and one of the white cockerels, you cannot see the blue pullets comb well - but it is tiny compared to the cockerel - plus the cockerels all have really nice red color.

31162_dsc_0734.jpg

The two reds that I have left - both cockerels, look at the comb/wattle development on them and the bright red color (one other was a pullet, who now resides with another BYC member)

31162_dsc_0732.jpg

31162_dsc_0730.jpg

Quote:
Thank you *blush*, honestly all the credit goes to my flock of hens and the roos.
big_smile.png

Haven't we all at some point decided that the chicks outweighed the crowing, and that roosters were worth it after all?
wink.png

I really like the blue pullet though. I've got a blue silkie that is still 2 weeks old which has the same blacker head and blue body. They are both so pretty
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom